1. Title: Machinima for Educators
2. Purpose: Establish an informal learning community that will assist educators in producing and submitting Machinima for the Virtual Worlds Best Practice in Education (VWBPE) conference.
3. Intended Audience: All educators using virtual worlds who are producing or want to produce educational Machinima prior to January 30, 2011.
4. Real-life Need: For me it helps create a peer group of educators with whom I can collaborate. For others, it provides them a peer group of educators with whom they can collaborate.
5. Type of Project: This project will help create the Call for Proposals for the first Machinima event at a VWBPE conference. Additionally it will set up a WordPress site with resources and schedule discussions and workshops to prepare the group for submitting a Machinima.
6. Learning Objectives: Participating educators will learn where to find resources, filming and editing techniques and have their Machinima critiqued by their peers.
7. Higher-order thinking skills, critical skills or creativity in your audience: Participating educators will have started the process of creating an educational Machinima and will have learned how to critique an educational Machinima.
8. Deliverables or Final Product: By the end of the class a WordPress Machinima resource site will be developed, a schedule of events will be planned and one event in Second Life will have taken place.